I am an avid reader.
I am a bookaholic.
I have been known to spend too much time in a bookstore.
Because of these facts, I do not recommend books lightly. Below you will find a list of books I highly recommend. In fact, it is a list of 8 books I have read more than once (and might read again). When I do read a good book, I mean a really good book, I’ll go back to it again. If it is really good, I’ll even read it again. And since I don’t like to keep good books to myself, I thought I would share my list of books worth a second read.
These books are not solely youth ministry books, but are books I feel help a youth worker maintain balance in their ministry. These books will challenge you personally, spiritually, and professionally.
- Flashbang by Mark Steele
- Me, Myself, and Bob by Phil Vischer (my review)
- Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli
- A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards
- Hurt by Chap Clark
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Visioneering by Andy Stanley
- Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries (my review)
I also asked some of my friends to share their recommended “read twice” books.
my twitter friends:
@ShawnMichael Yac’s “Messy Spirituality” 🙂