This week in Twitter was full of insight, laughs, free stuff and lots of discussion. Here are a few things I learned from Twitter this past week.
2. kentshaffer (Kent Shaffer) shared this story, which is sure to make you feel a little less smart than you did this morning.
“One student gets perfect scores on the ACT, SAT, & PSAT – http://bit.ly/40vQq“
5. theofficenbc (The Office) provided a link to a new ringtone that Office fans will want to get. Might I suggest not putting this as your sr. minister’s ringtone – that might get you into some trouble. 🙂
“You asked for it, you got it! Get the Dwight “Idiot” ringtone that Jim made in “Broke” @ http://www.nbc.com/The_Offi…“
6. 6drews (Mike Andrews) brought up a great thought for all youth ministers to consider.
“weighing the risk/reward of changing culturally based thinking in the church vs. behavior modification in order to avoid controversy”
7. AdamLehman (Adam Lehman) mentioned a church that saved money by trying to be good stewards of their resources. [Personally, I think its sad that this type of church is different enough to be considered newsworthy. We are all called to be good stewards.]
“a church saves $268,000 by going green. http://tr.im/jVdN“
8. williamhartz (William Hartz) shared some wisdom/insight he learned at his small group.
“Anyone who holds to the theory that girls don’t poop… Tonight’s conversation at small group has amply disproven it. #awkward”
9. kentshaffer (Kent Shaffer) provided another article link, this one tells us that most people who use Twitter quit way too early.
“60% of Twitter Users Quit Within the First Month – http://bit.ly/oIwCO“
10. drumdog00 (Justin Van Rheenen) shared a link to a free download from Thousand Foot Krutch.
“RT @chuffybass5: You can download new TFK free at www.welcometothemasquerade.com and if you’re a TFK fan like me, you’ll love it!!!”
What did you learn from Twitter this week?