My YMX review of Getting Students to Show Up by Jonathan McKee just got published recently over at YMX and I posted it here, too. And I have an extra copy of the book. What can I do with that extra copy? I’ll tell you what I’m going to do with it. I am giving it away to the person who wins my little book giveaway contest.
As much as I would love for this contest to involve lots of sugar (soda) or slime, it won’t. It will be a pretty simple contest. If you don’t have this book, I encourage you to enter and try to win it here.
- You must be a youth worker (full-time, part-time, volunteer), know someone who is, or want to be one someday.
- Leave a comment on this post sharing your biggest “oops” moment at an outreach event.
- Or, better yet, write a post on your blog about the biggest “oops” moment (mention/link to this contest if you want) and post the link in the comments (this way you can include video and pictures, if you have any)
- The best moment, as decided by a random drawing of those who enter, will win the book.
- Available only to those within the US, sorry I can’t pay for that much postage – I am a youth worker after all.
- The contest ends 9/25/08 at 11:59pm Central
- Feel free to enter more than once, if you have more than one great moment to share.
I look forward to hearing your fun stories. When the contest is over, I might just put your stories together in a future post (with your permission, of course).