Last night was Day 1 of our VBS. This year, I am teaching the 5/6 grade class. Its a big difference than the 7/8 grade class I did last year.
5 highlights from Day 1
1. Packing 16 students and 2 adults in a room sized for maybe 10 people.
2. Getting to use my “chin strap” (that’s what people call my facial hair) in a game in which you run to a pool and dip your head in to carry water back to a bucket you’re trying to fill up with water.
3. Watching 4 students try to retell the story of the “miraculous catch of fish” using only finger puppets (nativity finger puppets).
4. Avoiding being soaked with numerous buckets filled with water.
5. Having the entire class “waddle” everywhere we went.